Red Lion Recreation has built its own baseball/softball training building. This building is called the "Bowers Pavilion", and it was built using money that was donated several years ago from the estate of Dorothy Bowers. It is located at Nitchkey Field. There are several intended uses for this building:
We also have plenty of practice balls available, and l-screens if coaches wanted to pitch “live”. The building is well lit and is heated. We have the capability to handle baseball, fast-pitch softball or slow-pitch softball.
Rental rates are $25.00 per hour for one cage, or $20.00 per hour for multiple cages.We are currently taking payments online for reservations. Please see the attached contract to be completed as well.
*** Entrance is permitted only through a code that is given by the borough/ Recreation Office. This code is tracked and expires at a certain time. This code will be given after rate is paid.
Total building rental is available for other activities.
Also, for use in the spring, summer and fall, there is on “open-air” pavilion area that can be used for picnics or family gatherings.
For more information or to reserve a time, phone the Red Lion Recreation Office at 717-244-3475, or email at email@example.com
The address for the building is 316 West Avenue, Red Lion PA 17356
1. To enter, input 5 digit code then hit the # sign, The light will turn green and you can enter the building.
2. Light switches are located immediately to your right.
3. To turn on heat, move to the far left corner and under the large silver box will be a switch that says "emergency." Its not an emergency, but this is what turns on the heat.
4. Please turn off all head and electric when leaving
5. DO NOT USE THE CAGES IF YOU FEEL UNWELL AT ALL OR HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS
6. Please clean up any messes
7. Please ONLY use the dimpled balls in the machine
8. Bathrooms are located outside, but only in warmer months. In colder months there may be porta pots available outside.